(1) Many people do not realize that there is a better alternative to oligarchical businesses.
(2) Many people are not willing to give up the feeling of control over their businesses.
(3) Many people are, simply, greedy.
Sounds pretty overwhelming. We are seeing, however, that the biggest obstacles are not as big as the biggest drivers of democratizing the workplaces of the world. Here are the reasons:
(1) The people of the world are beginning to think less of themselves as national citizens and more of themselves as world citizens.
(2) The information age is democratizing even the most undemocratic nations of the world.
(3) Oligarchical companies are losing the most talented people to democratic companies (e.g., computer technology industry vs. banking industry).
(4) More and more people are realizing that the current capitalist system has not benefited the majority of the world; yet, communism is no longer a widely attractive alternative.